The Ministry of Industry has the mission of elaborating, with all the actors, a policy to assure the industrial sector development.
The Ministry is responsible for:
- Creating the industrial legislative bases and frames;
- Protecting the national industrial production in case from dumping;
- Searching and supporting the creation opportunities and the industrial production development to respond to the evolutions of the national needs and the international orientations;
- Searching opportunities allowing the industrial production development to meet the evolutions of the national needs and the international orientations;
- Assuring Lebanon as an industrial country at the national and international level;
- Promoting the small and medium enterprises and small and medium industries (SMEs, SMIs);
- Collecting, analyzing and publishing industrial statistics in order to provide the different industrial stakeholders by studies and indicators, aiming to help them to make decisions. Creating a database of the industrial factories serving as reference for the exporters.